[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu upgrade error - mysql8

John Hoyt john.hoyt at gmail.com
Sat Dec 11 16:30:17 UTC 2021

> Is your Database Password in config.xml = mythtv? If so, then
> please start mysql as its root user and run the three commands
> one at a time:
>
>   CREATE USER IF NOT EXISTS 'mythtv'@'%' IDENTIFIED WITH
> mysql_native_password;
>   ALTER USER 'mythtv'@'%' IDENTIFIED BY 'mythtv';
>   GRANT ALL ON mythconverg.* TO 'mythtv'@'%'; mythconverg
>
> Need to see the output of all three.

Bill - here you go.  BTW, everything is working fine on my system, I just
get the error message everytime I update.

mysql> CREATE USER IF NOT EXISTS 'mythtv'@'%' IDENTIFIED WITH
mysql_native_password;
Query OK, 0 rows affected, 1 warning (0.06 sec)

mysql>   ALTER USER 'mythtv'@'%' IDENTIFIED BY 'mythtv';
ERROR 1819 (HY000): Your password does not satisfy the current policy
requirements

mysql>   ALTER USER 'mythtv'@'%' IDENTIFIED BY 'mythtv';
ERROR 1819 (HY000): Your password does not satisfy the current policy
requirements
mysql>   GRANT ALL ON mythconverg.* TO 'mythtv'@'%'; mythconverg
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)

    ->