[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu upgrade error - mysql8

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Sat Dec 11 16:22:12 UTC 2021

On 12/11/21 6:42 AM, John Hoyt wrote:
> Where's the best place to report issues with Mythbuntu packaging?
>
> For a while now on master (and I suspect v31) with mysql8 I get the following error / warning when I upgrade packages with apt-get:
>
> Setting up mythtv-database (2:32.0~master.202112102333.aaacfb75d8~ubuntu20.04.1) ...
>
> mysql 'hidden SECURITY_INFO' --execute=CREATE USER IF NOT EXISTS 'mythtv'@'%' IDENTIFIED WITH mysql_native_password;             ALTER USER
> 'mythtv'@'%' IDENTIFIED BY 'mythtv';             GRANT ALL ON mythconverg.* TO 'mythtv'@'%'; mythconverg failed, (incorrect admin
> username/password or syntax?)
>
> Try:
>
> sudo dpkg-reconfigure mythtv-database
>

> ~$ mythbackend --version
> Please attach all output as a file in bug reports.
> MythTV Version : v32.0~master.202112102333.aaacfb75d8~ubuntu20.04.1
> MythTV Branch : master
> Network Protocol : 91
> Library API : 32.20200101-1
> QT Version : 5.12.8
> Options compiled in:
>  linux profile use_hidesyms using_alsa using_oss using_pulse using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python
> using_bindings_php using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_satip using_vbox using_ceton using_joystick_menu using_libcec
> using_libcrypto using_gnutls using_libdns_sd using_libfftw3 using_libxml2 using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl using_egl using_qtwebkit
> using_qtscript using_qtdbus using_taglib using_v4l2 using_v4l2prime using_x11 using_libbluray_external using_systemd_notify
> using_systemd_journal using_drm using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_freetype2 using_mythtranscode using_opengl
> using_egl using_drm using_vaapi using_nvdec using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_mheg using_libass using_libxml2 using_libmp3lame
>
> ~$ mysql --version
> mysql  Ver 8.0.27-0ubuntu0.20.04.1 for Linux on x86_64 ((Ubuntu))

This was a result of one of the changes in MySQL v8 where syntax differs
from MariaDB. Looks like the logic is correctly choosing the right set
of commands, but one or more of them are failing.

The queries are developed in MythTV packaging here:

  https://github.com/MythTV/packaging/blob/master/deb/debian/mythtv-database.postinst#L49

Is your Database Password in config.xml = mythtv? If so, then
please start mysql as its root user and run the three commands
one at a time:

  CREATE USER IF NOT EXISTS 'mythtv'@'%' IDENTIFIED WITH mysql_native_password;
  ALTER USER 'mythtv'@'%' IDENTIFIED BY 'mythtv';
  GRANT ALL ON mythconverg.* TO 'mythtv'@'%'; mythconverg