[mythtv-users] No audio after upgrading video card

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 22:35:16 UTC 2021

Hoi DryHeat122,

> I checked that, and it was using the internal audio. So I switched
> it to HDMI. Still no sound. Then I selected the ALSA:default on
> frontend audio setup and voila, sound works.

> This audio stuff sure is confusing. Not clear to me why there is
> one sound setup for the main system and another for apps like
> MythTV. Also what are all those other devices listed on frontend
> audio setup besides ALSA:default?

ALSA:default is what is set as default by your system, so in essence
it says, "leave it to the system"

Nowadays you have a lot of audio devices in your system:
- the on board audio device, possibly in analog and in digital
- the on board hdmi video device, possibly mono and stereo
- your analog capturecard(s) one for each tuner
- add-on hdmi video device
- add-on audio device
- the build in mic in your camera
and possibly more and all possibly in several variations

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
Zonder leven is er geen hoop