[mythtv-users] Mythweb, --noupnp and the status page

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Thu Sep 24 14:11:47 UTC 2020

On Thu, 24 Sep 2020 08:32:22 -0400, you wrote:

>I recently upgraded mythtv on my Buster server to 30.0 from deb-multimedia.
>
>After I got everything sorted out and working to my satisfaction, I
>discovered that the status page for my mythweb install would produce a
>404 error. After some searching around I found someone who mentioned
>removing the "--noupnp" option from mythtvbackend flags was the
>culprit:
>
>https://forum.mythtv.org/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=3737&p=17926&hilit=noupnp+mythweb#p17926
>
>However, I don't really want my mythbackend to be running a upnp
>server as I rely on other programs for that service.
>
>Is this a mythtv bug or a packaging bug somehow?
>
>I didn't see any issues in trac to indicate anyone reported this.
>
>James

Removing -noupnp should only fix it if it was a firewall problem where
port 6544 was blocked.  Do you have a firewall running on your Buster
server?  Are there any firewalls between the box where you are
accessing mythweb and the Buster server?

In your case, is the 404 error from getting pages from mythweb, or do
you get a mythweb page with a 404 error displayed inside it where the
status fetch from port 6544 failed?  Do other mythweb pages load
properly?  Does this URL work:

http://yourBackendHostNameOrIP:6544/Status/GetStatusHTML