[mythtv-users] v30 unsmooth playback

Tim Draper veehexx at zoho.com
Sat Feb 9 20:39:36 UTC 2019

---- On Sat, 09 Feb 2019 19:26:59 +0000 Peter Bennett <pb.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote ----
 > If you run the frontend with -v playback you may see messages indicating
 > what is happening.
 >
 > You can also try settings - playback, advanced and select AVSync2.
 > AVSync2 is designed to make playback smoother. We are still working on
 > it so there will be further improvements later
 >
 > You can also try VAAPI2 playback profile - it has some advanced
 > interlacing options (marked HW-VA).
 >
 > Peter

lots of "Player(0): dropping frame to catch up, lateness=37000 usec" when using the Bob deinterlacer on VAAPI v1.
AVSync2 already ticked. not something i've done myself so i assume it's default enabled?
Some of the vaapi2 hw-va options work but get a lot of AVSync time drift when seeking (1200ms). The AVSync process does realign over a few seconds.

cpu/gpu isnt the gruntiest thing (https://ark.intel.com/products/81071/Intel-Celeron-Processor-N2830-1M-Cache-up-to-2-41-GHz-) so assume it's just lacking power to handle the more intensive deinterlacers.

any ideas why i'm now having issues between 29>30 upgrade? while i don't know what i was running on v29, i'd of thought that v30 upgrade wouldn't of touched the playback config so does that point to something other than the work your doing on avsync2?