[mythtv-users] v30 unsmooth playback

Tim Draper veehexx at zoho.com
Sat Feb 9 18:06:12 UTC 2019

 ---- On Sat, 09 Feb 2019 04:11:10 +0000 John Massengale <johnrobertmassengale at gmail.com> wrote ----
 > I am getting jerkiness too on 1080i recordings from NBC on v30. I have an intel motherboard running vaapi2. seems like if i change the deinterlace to Weave it was better, but Bob or anyhing else looks bad. Other channels with 1080i the recordings are fine like off of PBS.

think i'm gonna get this bugged later tonight. fresh install (both FC29 & centos7) and multiple VAAPI machines all exhibit the same problem and assuming the video scan 'auto detect' is what we ideally want , changing the deinterlacer from Bob 2x HW, to One field 1x HW also fixes smoothness issue.
deinterlacer can also be tweaked in the video playback settings so affects all playback.

early days, but results seem good - no manually changing.