[mythtv-users] Mythbackend recording glitches

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 02:12:26 UTC 2018

On Mon, Oct 22, 2018 at 3:25 PM Allen Edwards <allen.p.edwards at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Half just to find out and half as there are a couple of nice things about
> upgrading, like getting a supported browser and getting CC that works, that
> I would like so I bought some more RAM. My system now has 6GB of ram as I
> added 4GB to the 2GB that were there. The new RAM was slower but it is
> working.
>
> Running Mythbuntu 16 there is no swap used and no glitching in a ten
> minute test.
>
> But the remote suddenly doesn't work.  Something to do with the HDHR.  I
> switched back to the Mythbunty 8 system and turner and remote are fine.  I
> have no idea where to start debugging the Mythbunty 16 system with no
> remote. irw does not respond and there is a green light on the tuner that
> says the tuner is in use when it should not be.  I switched back to the 8
> system things look and act normal.
>
> It is a pain to switch between systems as the Mythbunty 8 system needs the
> 6200 video card and the Mythbunty 16 needs the 750ti video card.
>
> I bought a 2T Red drive but will wait to use it until I decide which
> system to put on it.  If I can get some help on the remote issue, I will
> try and fix it.  The remote use to work with Mythbuntu 16.  The only thing
> I did that I should not have is start the 16 disk before I switched the
> video card.  That was a pain in getting the monitors right but I can't see
> how that would mess up lircd.
>
> Allen

The remote was enabled by a kludge in rc.local and that quit working
because a command preceding the kludge failed.

It was  "echo -n 15  >
/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/ondemand/up_threshold" which was intended
to modify the cpu frequency scaling.  rc.local ran before I increased the
RAM. I commented out that line and now the remote works.

I am going to try the Mythbuntu system and see if it is stable.

Allen