[mythtv-users] Mythbackend recording glitches

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 22:25:07 UTC 2018

Half just to find out and half as there are a couple of nice things about
upgrading, like getting a supported browser and getting CC that works, that
I would like so I bought some more RAM. My system now has 6GB of ram as I
added 4GB to the 2GB that were there. The new RAM was slower but it is
working.

Running Mythbuntu 16 there is no swap used and no glitching in a ten minute
test.

But the remote suddenly doesn't work.  Something to do with the HDHR.  I
switched back to the Mythbunty 8 system and turner and remote are fine.  I
have no idea where to start debugging the Mythbunty 16 system with no
remote. irw does not respond and there is a green light on the tuner that
says the tuner is in use when it should not be.  I switched back to the 8
system things look and act normal.

It is a pain to switch between systems as the Mythbunty 8 system needs the
6200 video card and the Mythbunty 16 needs the 750ti video card.

I bought a 2T Red drive but will wait to use it until I decide which system
to put on it.  If I can get some help on the remote issue, I will try and
fix it.  The remote use to work with Mythbuntu 16.  The only thing I did
that I should not have is start the 16 disk before I switched the video
card.  That was a pain in getting the monitors right but I can't see how
that would mess up lircd.

Allen