[mythtv-users] Mythbackend recording glitches

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 19:08:18 UTC 2018

On Wed, Oct 17, 2018 at 10:45 AM Jerry <mythtv at hambone.e4ward.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 17, 2018 at 12:05 PM Allen Edwards <allen.p.edwards at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> What hardware are you running? Mine is AMD 5400 and I installed the i386
>> version of Mythbuntu 14.
>>

> I'm not an AMD expert by any means, but shouldn't you be running the 64
> bit version of Mythbuntu?  It would make a difference with the RAM for
> sure.  Also, the 32 bit software isn't as well tested from what others have
> said on this list.
>
> Again, I haven't had an AMD processor since my old Athlon back in 2003.
>
> Is this your processor, here being reviewed by CNET?

That is the one.  I might have made a mistake using the i386 version.  I
had a reason but I am not sure it was a valid reason. At the time, I did
not know for sure that the failure was just the disk and not the MB so I
was thinking I might have to get a new system and that I would get Intel.
I thought I might be able to use the same HD and install but that very well
might be wrong.

I do wonder if that processor and MB are able to run Ubuntu 16 without
issues. The processor load does not look like it should be causing
problems.  The only thing that takes a lot of processor is mythcommflag and
disabling that doesn't help the problem.

Allen