[mythtv-users] Channel Editor

George Poulson george.poulson at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 19:10:04 UTC 2018

On 12 June 2018 at 19:47, Mike Bibbings <mike.bibbings at gmail.com> wrote:

> From a quick look at scheduler.cpp it looks like it uses callsign
> (recording rules use Station), which if I am correct means changing a
> callsign would affect existing recording rules, as would making a channel
> not Visible.

​My understanding is that setting a channel to 'not visible' will cause any
programmes already scheduled to record on that channel to no longer do so.
It may of course be that the same programme *could* then be re-scheduled​
to record on another (still visible) channel.

I've never really looked into the effects on scheduling of changing channel
numbers, callsigns or names (all of which I have edited pretty arbitrarily
to suit my needs) but I've always assumed (probably wrongly!) that
scheduling used a more 'fixed' vaule such as channel id ('chanid' in the
database) - especially as recordings and schedules can be viewed in mythweb
at (typically) http://192.168.0.4/mythweb/tv/detail/*7941*/1528830000 -
where 7941 is the MythTV 'chanid' value.

Just another example of the versatility and functionality of MythTV that
never fails to amaze me :-)

George