[mythtv-users] Channel Editor

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Wed Jun 13 09:41:40 UTC 2018

On Tue, 12 Jun 2018 20:10:04 +0100, you wrote:

>On 12 June 2018 at 19:47, Mike Bibbings <mike.bibbings at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> From a quick look at scheduler.cpp it looks like it uses callsign
>> (recording rules use Station), which if I am correct means changing a
>> callsign would affect existing recording rules, as would making a channel
>> not Visible.
>>

>?My understanding is that setting a channel to 'not visible' will cause any
>programmes already scheduled to record on that channel to no longer do so.
>It may of course be that the same programme *could* then be re-scheduled?
>to record on another (still visible) channel.
>
>I've never really looked into the effects on scheduling of changing channel
>numbers, callsigns or names (all of which I have edited pretty arbitrarily
>to suit my needs) but I've always assumed (probably wrongly!) that
>scheduling used a more 'fixed' vaule such as channel id ('chanid' in the
>database) - especially as recordings and schedules can be viewed in mythweb
>at (typically) http://192.168.0.4/mythweb/tv/detail/*7941*/1528830000 -
>where 7941 is the MythTV 'chanid' value.
>
>Just another example of the versatility and functionality of MythTV that
>never fails to amaze me :-)
>
>George

Changing the name field for a channel does not cause problems.  The
callsign is the one used to match recording rules, so changing that
will make all the recording rules fail, unless you update the matching
station field in the record table, and also any custom SQL in custom
rules.  That SQL is stored in the description field in rules that are
custom types, but I do not remember what the type field values are for
the custom type rules.  The chanid in recording rules does not seem to
be used for much, but I have never delved into the code to check on
that.