[mythtv-users] Channel Editor

Mike Bibbings mike.bibbings at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 18:47:21 UTC 2018

On 12/06/18 18:31, Philip Brady wrote:

> >Den 2018-06-09 kl. 22:40, skrev George Poulson:
> >>
> >> According to the ticket the patch has now been applied and will be
> released in Master and 29-fixes
> >
> >I fixed it in a different way than the patch did, but yes, it should
> work in master and fixes/29 now.
> >
> >Cheers
> >Jonatan
>
> I'm seeking clarification from the experts in order to update the
> channel editor wiki.
>
> Under 0.27 if I alter channel numbers via the editor and choose
> frontend sort by channel number, I can change the order of display.
>
> Is that still the case with 29 pre-bugfix?
> https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/13154suggests that sorting is by
> ID not Channel no. or callsign.
>
> If on a bugfixed 29  you change callsigns to alter sort order and
> choose frontend sort by callsign, will there be any adverse effects
> like failure to tune or the need to re-create recording rules?
>
> Phil

The original trac ticket wording was a little loose, ID was actually
channel number.

I had a quick look at the commit in master and it seems to sort on name
or channel number, it looks for callsign in the code (backend settings
value) and if found sorts by name.

In mythfrontend it only affects display.

For DVB-T/T2/S/S2 in UK, mythtv scanning sets name and callsign
initially to the same value, I don't know if this is true for atsc or
some Schedules Direct formats.

I don't know for sure if changing a callsign or name affects recording
rules, although I suspect it will  if "Filter Options" "This channel" in
a recording rule is set.

 From a quick look at scheduler.cpp it looks like it uses callsign
(recording rules use Station), which if I am correct means changing a
callsign would affect existing recording rules, as would making a
channel not Visible.

Mike