[mythtv-users] Correct setup?

Peter Carlsson maillist.peter at home.se
Tue Feb 20 21:46:36 UTC 2018

On Wed, Jan 17, 2018 at 12:54:18PM +0100, Peter Carlsson wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 17, 2018 at 11:00:59AM +0000, John Pilkington wrote:
> > On 17/01/18 10:05, Peter Carlsson wrote:
> >

> > > Thank you for your suggestion. Looks like you were right.
> > >
> > > The frequency was not 730000000 as I thought. Don't know if it has
> > > changed or if it was my notes from previous scans that was wrong.
> > >
> > > Anyhow, it looks like it picked up the HD channels and I only have
> > > to clean up my channel list.
> > >
> > > Best regards,
> > > Peter Carlsson
> >
> > Good. I'm glad it's working now.  But it seems the real problem was a
> > firmware/driver mismatch for your pctv 292e device.  I suppose that is
> > suggested in the linuxtv notes, but they tend to get out of date.
> >
> > I hope you enjoy the extra pixels.  I don't use them very often.  :-)
>
> Yes, maybe it was a firmware/driver issue but it has worked with HD
> before with the old firmware/driver.
>
> I've got used to HD so I prefer not to go back to SD.

Unfortunately I have to pick up this thread again since I never fully
got it working.

The problems that still remains are:
- Even though I have 2 different capture cards (Hauppauge WinTV Nova-T
  500 and pctv tripleStick 292e) with a total of 3 adapters it doesn't
  record simultaneous recordings. It always reschedule shows to record
  one at a time. I have set the maximum number of simultaneous recordings
  to 2 for each device.

- I still have trouble finding the HD channels and a few times I
  succeded but I then failed to get a lock on any HD channel.

And here are some questions:
- Can/should I remove the entries in the dtv_multiplex table and where/how
  is that done from within mythtv-setup?

- Will the dtv_multiplex table be updated on next full channel scan?

- Should I do a full channel scan for each /dev/dvb/adapterX/frontendY
  (in total 6) or is it sufficient to a full channel scan for each video
  source?

Any help would be appreciated!

Best regards,
Peter Carlsson