[mythtv-users] Iptv

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Wed Feb 21 04:12:55 UTC 2018

On Tue, 20 Feb 2018 16:35:39 -0500, you wrote:

>Greetings mythizens, I'm setting up an IPTV recording platform, just for
>CBC.ca  live streaming. The antenna at the condo does not bring it in like
>the antenna at my previous address did. I need help creating a HLS recorder
>playlist, also I'm not sure where it should be kept.
>Can anyone offer something I can work with or modify? The wiki from 2016
>offering an example at www.avenard.org is 404 not available. TIA Daryl

This page has some help on the format of .m3u playlist files:

https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/SAT2IP_players_as_capture_cards

I have mine on my MythTV box's web server.  That way I can access it
using http://127.0.0.1/playlist.m3u from that box, or using its DNS
name from elsewhere on my network
(http://mypvr.jsw.gen.nz/playlist.m3u).  The file is stored in
/var/www/html.  Putting it on the web server also gets around any
possible permissions problems.  I found that file:/// URLs used to
access it directly from a directory had lots of permission problems.
If you are using MythWeb already, the web server is already set up and
available.