[mythtv-users] Duplicate detection

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Dec 17 12:25:27 UTC 2018

On 12/17/2018 07:12 AM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Dec 2018 at 14:37, Scot Kreienkamp wrote:
>>     Hi,
>>
>>     I'm trying to understand why my duplicate detection isn't working
>>     like I think it should.  I record much of my stuff by power search
>>     including the example in this email, "Modern Family".  I have
>>     "Duplicate Check method" set to subtitle and description, and
>>     "Check for duplicates in" set to "All recordings".  As I
>>     understand it, that should mean that I don't ever record any
>>     Modern Family shows a second time.   Using those settings I have
>>     three instances of the same show in oldrecorded, and it's due to
>>     record another instance soon.  It seems like the oldrecorded table
>>     isn't being consulted at all when considering which shows to
>>     record.  It does seem to be working for shows that are still in
>>     the recorded table.
>>
>>     MariaDB [mythconverg]> select
>>     title,subtitle,episode,seriesid,programid,duplicate from
>>     oldrecorded where subtitle like '%parade' order by title,subtitle;
>> +---------------+-----------------+---------+------------+----------------+-----------+
>>     | title         | subtitle        | episode | seriesid   |
>>     programid      | duplicate |
>> +---------------+-----------------+---------+------------+----------------+-----------+
>>     | Modern Family | I Love a Parade |       0 | EP01158124 |
>>     EP011581240251 |         0 |
>>     | Modern Family | I Love a Parade |       0 | EP01158124 |
>>     EP011581240251 |         0 |
>>     | Modern Family | I Love a Parade |       0 | EP01158124 |
>>     EP011581240251 |         0 |
>> +---------------+-----------------+---------+------------+----------------+-----------+
>>     3 rows in set (0.01 sec)
>>

>>     Why isn't it matching against the oldrecorded table?  Any way to
>>     get it to?
>>

> Every single one of those episodes is set to be ignored for duplicate
> matching.  In other words, they were deleted with "Delete and allow to
> re-record" or deleted by auto-expiration and either not marked as
> watched or were marked as watched and you've set:
>
> Re-record watched
> If enabled, programs that have been marked as watched and are
> Auto-Expired will be re-recorded if they are shown again.

Oh, and I can't tell from the information you've provided, but it is
possible that you still have a copy of that episode in your system (it's
not yet deleted nor expired).  If that's the case, someone has selected
the episode and set "Allow this episode to re-record."  Or, it's
possible that the episode was recorded and the backend detected
sufficient corruption of the recording that it deemed the recording to
have failed, so it marked it to allow re-record.

Mike