[mythtv-users] Duplicate detection

Jay Harbeston (ISeePeople) jharbestonus at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 15:34:07 UTC 2018

> On Dec 17, 2018, at 7:25 AM, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
>
> On 12/17/2018 07:12 AM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>> On Mon, 17 Dec 2018 at 14:37, Scot Kreienkamp wrote:
>>>    Hi,
>>>
>>>    I'm trying to understand why my duplicate detection isn't working
>>>    like I think it should.  I record much of my stuff by power search
>>>    including the example in this email, "Modern Family".  I have
>>>    "Duplicate Check method" set to subtitle and description, and
>>>    "Check for duplicates in" set to "All recordings".  As I
>>>    understand it, that should mean that I don't ever record any
>>>    Modern Family shows a second time.   Using those settings I have
>>>    three instances of the same show in oldrecorded, and it's due to
>>>    record another instance soon.  It seems like the oldrecorded table
>>>    isn't being consulted at all when considering which shows to
>>>    record.  It does seem to be working for shows that are still in
>>>    the recorded table.
>>>
>>>    MariaDB [mythconverg]> select
>>>    title,subtitle,episode,seriesid,programid,duplicate from
>>>    oldrecorded where subtitle like '%parade' order by title,subtitle;
>>> +---------------+-----------------+---------+------------+----------------+-----------+
>>>    | title         | subtitle        | episode | seriesid   |
>>>    programid      | duplicate |
>>> +---------------+-----------------+---------+------------+----------------+-----------+
>>>    | Modern Family | I Love a Parade |       0 | EP01158124 |
>>>    EP011581240251 |         0 |
>>>    | Modern Family | I Love a Parade |       0 | EP01158124 |
>>>    EP011581240251 |         0 |
>>>    | Modern Family | I Love a Parade |       0 | EP01158124 |
>>>    EP011581240251 |         0 |
>>>    3 rows in set (0.01 sec)

Another field to check is recstatus.  If I want to make sure that a recording will get recorded again, I set this field to -9 for recordings that I want to record.  Recstatus and duplicate control if a previous recording get recorded. If you don’t, the following page explains the old recorded table:

https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Oldrecorded_table <https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Oldrecorded_table>

This link explains the values for recstatus:

https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/blob/v0.27.3/mythtv/libs/libmyth/programtypes.h#L210 <https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/blob/v0.27.3/mythtv/libs/libmyth/programtypes.h#L210>

 I note that your duplicate field above is a value of 0 which tells mythtv to rerecord. If you don’t want them to re-record set them to 1.