[mythtv-users] Ubunto 18.04 / 0.29 export to mkv

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 20:25:17 UTC 2018

On 16/12/2018 19:26, Andy Smith wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to export some recordings to format other than DVD, I cant see
> any options in the GUI under Optical DIsks -> Create Archive ->
> Archive FIles.  I came from fedora where I would use nuvexport, but
> that has not been available in Ubuntu for a while, so what are my best
> options, assuming I havnt overlooked something obvious in the GUI?
> Thanks

'Exporting' might mean many different things.  Your subject line
specifies mkv, and I haven't seriously used that.  Something similar was
asked here recently and might help.   Perhaps ubuntu mythexport?

To some extent it will depend on whether you want to save artwork and
similar metadata too.

  http://lists.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2018-November/398327.html

HTH

John P