[mythtv-users] mythtv on 2 computers and filenames

Klaus Becker colonius at free.fr
Sun Nov 25 16:24:51 UTC 2018

Le 25/11/2018 à 17:04, John Pilkington a écrit :
> On 25/11/18 15:25, Klaus Becker wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I use mythtv mainly on a desktop workstation, but also on a laptop in
>> the same room. I sleep in this room, so I use the laptop which makes
>> less noise than the the other computer, to record the night. In the
>> night, the desktop machine does not run.
>>
>> I only use the desktop machine to watch recorded films, so I copy all
>> films from the laptop to the desktop compter, into the video folder.
>>
>> The problem are the names of the recorded films on the laptop. I want
>> to have their real names on the desktop computer, the other
>> informations would be uselfull, but they are less important.
>>
>> I tried without success to  write a little script to convert filenames
>> on the laptop by giving them the names in "show_names", created with
>> mythlink.
>>
>> Did I explain my problem properly ?
>>
>> any idea would be greatly appreciated
>>
>> sincerely
>>
>> Klaus
>
> I use this script to create named links, and cp -L or rsync -L to do the
> transfer.  The names will need " name "
>
> The 'KN2' part is from here:  It omits recently deleted recordings.
>
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/558623#558623
>
> #!/bin/bash
> # Create a readable list of recordings in /home/john/pretty
> #
> echo "Creating a pretty list of recordings in /home/john/pretty"
> #
> perl /usr/share/doc/mythtv-docs-master/contrib/user_jobs/mythlink_KN2.pl
> --link \
>   /home/john/pretty --format  '%T-%cn-%Y%m%d-%H%i-%S'
> date
> exit
>
> HTH
>
> John

Hi John,

thanks for your answer.

Does this script only create better filenames in "show_names" (or your
folder) or does it rename filenames in the folder with the recorded
episodes ?

I want the 2nd option and it seems to me that the above script
corresponds to the 1rst option.

I want to copy readable filenames from the laptop to the desktop computer.

cheers

Klaus