[mythtv-users] Ubunto 18.04 / 0.29 export to mkv

Andy Smith hastymind at googlemail.com
Sun Dec 16 20:38:59 UTC 2018

On Sun, 16 Dec 2018 at 20:25, John Pilkington <johnpilk222 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 16/12/2018 19:26, Andy Smith wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I want to export some recordings to format other than DVD, I cant see
> > any options in the GUI under Optical DIsks -> Create Archive ->
> > Archive FIles.  I came from fedora where I would use nuvexport, but
> > that has not been available in Ubuntu for a while, so what are my best
> > options, assuming I havnt overlooked something obvious in the GUI?
> > Thanks
> >

> 'Exporting' might mean many different things.  Your subject line
> specifies mkv, and I haven't seriously used that.  Something similar was
> asked here recently and might help.   Perhaps ubuntu mythexport?
>
> To some extent it will depend on whether you want to save artwork and
> similar metadata too.
>
>   http://lists.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2018-November/398327.html
>
> HTH
>
> John P

Thanks for the response, it is for a standalone projector for use on a
trip away from home, metadata is not important and the projector will
accept (via USB) a selection of formats including MKV, AVI, MP4/H264,
but wont play the raw .ts file, that was the 1st thing I offerred.
Have gone via VLC and reformatted to .MKV, but it's kindof long winded
and I just feel this could be done more elegantly.
--
Andy