[mythtv-users] Intel-Powered ODROID-H2

Jay Harbeston (ISeePeople) jharbestonus at gmail.com
Sat Dec 8 16:19:55 UTC 2018

> On Dec 8, 2018, at 11:03 AM, George Poulson <george.poulson at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Jerry <mythtv at hambone.e4ward.com <mailto:mythtv at hambone.e4ward.com>> wrote:
>
> I have not tried it as a mythtv frontend as that's not why I purchased the machine.  I can tell you that the performance I've seen is very satisfactory.  I'm not sure about video performance as I've only run a terminal on my monitor at this point.  If there is any interest, I could try loading version 30 on it and trying it on my monitor.  That's not a big deal.  I'm not as picky as a lot of you videophiles so I may miss minor distortions.
>

> I'm following this with interest. I've experimented with a few SoC boards and am still looking for something to do a good job of rendering HD playback while keeping the familiar UI of Mythfrontend as well as keeping the cost down.
>
> I've been away from this list for a while so if I've missed anything interesting on this subject I'd really appreciate a catch-up :-)

I purchased one of these
Fanless Mini PC, 2GB/32GB Intel Atom x5-Z8350(2M Cache, up to 1.92 GHz),HD Graphics 400,4K/1000M LAN/2.4G+5.8G WIFI/BT4.0, Support Windows 10

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071HSSX3N/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1 <https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071HSSX3N/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1>

When I bought it, it was $70 as a lightning deal, but is now $109. Looks like it goes lightning deal every month or so.

It is an intel cherry trail processor, and needs 2 things done once linux(ubuntu 18.10 in my case) is installed to get full benefit from it.

As a frontend running latest master to take advantage of the VAAPI 2 changes, it works fine, and currently master frontend is able to talk with v29 backend.

Regards,

Jrh