[mythtv-users] Intel-Powered ODROID-H2

George Poulson george.poulson at gmail.com
Sat Dec 8 16:37:09 UTC 2018

On Sat, 8 Dec 2018 at 16:20, Jay Harbeston (ISeePeople) <
jharbestonus at gmail.com> wrote:

> https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071HSSX3N/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
>
> When I bought it, it was $70 as a lightning deal, but is now $109. Looks
> like it goes lightning deal every month or so.
>
> It is an intel cherry trail processor, and needs 2 things done once
> linux(ubuntu 18.10 in my case) is installed to get full benefit from it.
>
> As a frontend running latest master to take advantage of the VAAPI 2
> changes, it works fine, and currently master frontend is able to talk with
> v29 backend.

I see that I can get one of these from Amazon UK for GBP90. That's a tad
more than I was hoping to pay but I may look around for other sources.
Having recently upgraded our TV from 26"/720p to 43"/4K I am now in serious
need of some better quality playback! I also discovered by accident
yesterday that a 30/master frontend will talk happily with my 29 backend so
that's another plus for the upgrade path.
Incidentally, what are those "2 things that need to be done"?

Thanks for the pointer :-)
George