[mythtv-users] Schedulesdirect and setting up an input that has a subset of another input's lineup

Will Dormann wdormann at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 05:01:42 UTC 2016

On 10/20/16 12:49 AM, Karl Newman wrote:

> I think that's intentional, although I was under the impression that
> unchecking the Visible flag would remove it from the guide and also
> avoid it when using the Channel up/down buttons in LiveTV. In other
> words, the only way you could get to it in LiveTV would be to type in
> the channel number directly. But, it might be different because you
> actually do have an input which can tune it.

OK.  I was testing something on my HD-PVR, and when I typed in the DRM'd
channel number on my remote, it used the HDHR.    Maybe that's by
design, but it wasn't ideal for me.   I expected it to use the tuner
that had the channel "visible", but it used the tuner that had the
channel with "visible" unchecked.   (And it failed to tune the channel)

The situation here is that both inputs have the channel in
schedulesdirect, but only one can tune it.  The options I tested are:

- Un-checking "visible" on the input that can't tune the channel
prevents it from showing in the listing or recording on the channel, but
it'll still go there if I type the channel number.

- Deleting the channel from the input that can't tune the channel seems
to work better in that I can't tune directly to it.  But the channel
re-appears when mythfilldatabase is run.

> As far as your original question, I found in the archives that you and I
> had discussed this exact issue a year and a half ago. Peter Bennett had
> the best answer here though:
> http://lists.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2015-February/376637.html
> Basically, create another video source and link it to the same
> SchedulesDirect lineup, then edit as needed.

I've got that part set up already.  I think the important part from the
above link is the "use the option --remove-new-channels" part, which I
guess is a confirmation of my original suspicion / question.

-WD