[mythtv-users] Possible to have duplicate (but slightly-different) schedulesdirect lineup?

Peter Bennett (cats22) cats22 at comcast.net
Thu Feb 19 18:16:54 UTC 2015

On 02/19/2015 08:39 AM, Will Dormann wrote:
> Oddly, schedulesdirect does not appear to allow duplication of an
> existing lineup (and then deselection of the unsupported channels).
> Once a source has been selected for a lineup, it is grayed out and
> unavailable for selection for a new lineup.  Which makes it seem like
> I'd have to do the channel pruning on the MythTV side.   However, it
> appears that the channel lineups on mythtv are edited on a
> per-schedulesdirect-lineup basis, as opposed to a per-tuner basis.
>
> My current workaround is to go to recording schedules for shows on a
> premium channel and explicitly select the HD-PVR source.  But I'd like
> for this to all be automatic.   Is there a way?   Even if it requires
> monkeying with the mythconverg database manually, I'd be OK with that.

All you need is to use two "video sources" and two "inputs". I used to
have this back when the local channels were not encrypted, so one source
had only those channels and the other had all channels. They can all use
the same schedules direct lineup. Mythfilldatabase is clever enough to
reuse the same data to update both sources. To prevent mythfilldatabase
from "helpfully" adding all the channels to both sources, use the option
--remove-new-channels, very confusing name for the option, it does not
remove anything, just prevents it adding channels to your mythtv inputs.

Peter