[mythtv-users] Schedulesdirect and setting up an input that has a subset of another input's lineup

Karl Newman newmank1 at asme.org
Thu Oct 20 04:49:45 UTC 2016

On Wed, Oct 19, 2016 at 9:06 PM, Will Dormann <wdormann at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/19/16 11:57 PM, Will Dormann wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > It would seem that the real fix here is that
> > schedulesdirect allows you to copy (and subsequently edit) an existing
> > lineup.  But I'd be OK with workarounds for now.
>

> I might add that un-ticking the "Visible" checkbox for the DRM channels
> would be a fine solution as well.  This seems to work to avoid
> recordings on those channels.  But it seems that MythTV (0.28) LiveTV
> mode does not obey the "Visible" flag.  I take it this is a bug?

I think that's intentional, although I was under the impression that
unchecking the Visible flag would remove it from the guide and also avoid
it when using the Channel up/down buttons in LiveTV. In other words, the
only way you could get to it in LiveTV would be to type in the channel
number directly. But, it might be different because you actually do have an
input which can tune it.

As far as your original question, I found in the archives that you and I
had discussed this exact issue a year and a half ago. Peter Bennett had the
best answer here though:
http://lists.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2015-February/376637.html
Basically, create another video source and link it to the same
SchedulesDirect lineup, then edit as needed.

Karl