[mythtv-users] End of recording system event being triggered twice

Jan Ceuleers jan.ceuleers at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 19:09:49 UTC 2016

Dear list,

I have created a script that is being run as a system event by the
backend whenever a recording ends. The script sends me an email that
tells me which parameters it's being called with, so I can see very
easily that it is being called twice for every end of a recording.

Any idea why this might be the case?

$ mythbackend --version
MythTV Version : v0.27.5-71-ga62fc0d
MythTV Branch : fixes/0.27
Network Protocol : 77
Library API : 0.27.20151025-1
QT Version : 4.8.1
Options compiled in:
 linux profile use_hidesyms using_alsa using_oss using_pulse
using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl
using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_crystalhd using_dvb
using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_ceton using_hdpvr
using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_libcec using_libcrypto
using_libdns_sd using_libfftw3 using_libxml2 using_lirc using_mheg
using_opengl using_opengl_video using_qtwebkit using_qtscript
using_qtdbus using_sdl using_taglib using_v4l2 using_x11 using_xrandr
using_xv using_profiletype using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python
using_bindings_php using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_vaapi
using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_mheg using_libass using_libxml2

Thanks, Jan