[mythtv-users] End of recording system event being triggered twice

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Jan 13 20:17:05 UTC 2016

On 01/13/2016 02:09 PM, Jan Ceuleers wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> I have created a script that is being run as a system event by the
> backend whenever a recording ends. The script sends me an email that
> tells me which parameters it's being called with, so I can see very
> easily that it is being called twice for every end of a recording.
>
> Any idea why this might be the case?

Multiple processes receiving the event?  I.e. you've configured it on
multiple backend hosts and haven't done any host checking in the script,
so when a recording starts, your master backend and some remote backend
both send an e-mail.  Or, even, multiple processes (different MythTV
programs) on the same host are running, so when the host handles it,
both programs execute the handler?

Mike