[mythtv-users] mythweb and php7

Michael Heironimus mkh01 at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 10 20:41:13 UTC 2016

On Sun, Jan 10, 2016 at 05:35:59PM +0000, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 9, 2016 at 11:48 AM, glen <glenb at glenb.us> wrote:
> > ....  or is mythweb not compatible with the new php7  ??
>
> php7 finally removed some of the deprecated functions in php5.x.
>
> As there are automated tools to perform initial conversion
> from ext/mysql to ext/mysqli, this might be a good opportunity
> for someone who can grok php, but might not otherwise be steeped
> in C++ and Qt to contribute patches (and test, test, and test).

I briefly looked in to this a few days ago. It looks like at least some
support for mysqli is in place, but there was still a check specifically
for the mysql extension. Changing that test or adding the extension from
PECL just got me on to other problems. But looking at those led me to
the word that 0.28 is not far away and will have a web UI built in to
the backend, so I'm inclined to just sit on this for a little while and
see how the upcoming release goes.

--
Michael Heironimus