[mythtv-users] Analog cable on an HP KS523AA.

Matt Gracie matt at roadflares.org
Sat Jan 9 18:33:49 UTC 2016

Is anyone using an HP KS523AA USB tuner (a rebadged Haupp 950Q, from
what I've read) to record analog cable? I'm replacing my clunky old
minitower with a small form factor computer, so I needed to find
something to replace my old PCI tuners. This supposedly supports analog
cable, but I can't seem to get it to work in Myth; attempting to use
/dev/video0 as a capture card identifies it properly, but LiveTV gives
me a "no decoder found" error and the occasional lockup.

Any suggestions would be very helpful. I'm running Myth 0.27 as packaged
in the latest version of Mythbuntu x64.

If this was a bad purchase, I would also appreciate any input people
might have on a better choice for tuning analog cable on a machine with
USB as the only expansion option.

--
http://www.roadflares.org/blog