[mythtv-users] OT: Aspect ratio broadcast rant

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 21:04:13 UTC 2016

On Tue, Feb 23, 2016 at 8:30 PM, Ian Evans <dheianevans at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yeah I was sitting there afterwards ....

Sure, if one's point was to plan a "gotcha" moment,
and had had independent orgs collect the data and
time stamp/notarize it, etc.

But you achieved what you wanted (correct aspect
ratio).  And that should be considered a success.
Time to watch that content.

There *are* orgs whose entire point of existence is
to assure that stations "do the right thing" (and
can prove it when needed for legal/regulatory
compliance), but I suspect none are in your price
range to engage (I believe many/most actually
work under contract for the stations themselves).