[mythtv-users] OT: Aspect ratio broadcast rant

Ian Evans dheianevans at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 20:30:25 UTC 2016

On Feb 23, 2016 3:04 PM, "Gary Buhrmaster" <gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 23, 2016 at 7:14 PM, Ian Evans <dheianevans at gmail.com> wrote:
> > ... Obviously a change was made but you can tell by
> > the tone of their responses that the network guy is accepting the
station
> > guy's version of events.
>
> One does not air dirty laundry in public (which is you(*)),
> especially when the facts would take substantial time
> to verify (and are under the control of one of the parties).

Yeah I was sitting there afterwards pondering if there was anyway to third
party verify what I was seeing, like if you could send the debug log to
Silicondust and have them verify what my unit was receiving. I guess what
had me steamed this morning was the sense that they had closed ranks. At
least it wasn't all via email as I tweeted a lot of the info to the network
as the social media person asked so they could pass it on. So at least some
of the exchange is floating around.  :-)