[mythtv-users] Questions about conversion from analog to digital recording (PVR500 to Ceton InfiniTV 6 ETH)

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 16:09:54 UTC 2016

I was of half a mind to start a new thread for this question, but it really
does apply to the same subject, so, here's the new question about migrating:

I have had an SD lineup that works perfectly for my Comcast cable feed with
my Hauppauge PVR-500s. I just successfully ran a recording on one tuner in
the Ceton InfiniTV 6 ETH that I configured over the last couple of days,
including getting the CableCard provisioned.  I was in the backend setup
adding the other five tuners and also had a couple of lineup changes to
make, so afterwards I did a manual update (command line: mythfilldatabase
--dd-grab-all) of the database.

Watching the log output, I noticed these lines which raised the associated
questions:

1):
2016-12-21 09:48:09.117791 N  SourceUtil::IsProperlyConnected(): Connected
to 0 analog, 0 digital and 0 virtual tuners
                        Can not mix digital with other tuning information.

Don't like seeing zeros for all the tuner types, although I don't think the
virtual tuner count is an issue for me.  Should the analog and digital
counts be non-zero? If so, what might be causing them to be zero?

2):
2016-12-21 09:48:09.117810 N  SourceUtil::IsProperlyConnected(): Source ID
1 appears to be connected
                        to 4 encoders, and 6 non-encoders. This is probably
a bad idea.

Does this mean I need to set up a separate source for the Ceton tuners?
What/where do I make changes? Schedules Direct? mythtv-setup?

--
Craig.