[mythtv-users] Questions about conversion from analog to digital recording (PVR500 to Ceton InfiniTV 6 ETH)

Kris Jensen kris.jensen.knj at gmail.com
Sun Dec 11 00:55:08 UTC 2016

On Sat, Dec 3, 2016 at 8:11 PM, Gary Buhrmaster <gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com>
wrote:

> While I have no personal experience, I understand their
> internal cards ran hot too.  Note that it is perfectly OK
> to run hot, as long as it is within the thermal profile.

I use a internal Ceton-6 tuner card and two Ceton-4 tuner (the ceton-4's
are in relative's MythTV systems I maintain.) All run hot and really
require an extra fan blowing on them, else suffer a bit of pixelation.

All in all I have had no trouble with the internal Ceton card's since
moving away from WMC to MythTV about five years ago.

And now I run a virtual instance of WMC7 that can record the DRM protected
television shows. And any WMC extender can play them back.

Just my experience with the cards. Hope it helps.

Kris.