[mythtv-users] remote display from frontend

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Wed Oct 28 14:56:09 UTC 2015

On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 10:46 AM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> It's a "default size"?

There can be multiple levels of default.

> |No, the default size of the MythTV GUI window is 0x0 (meaning full screen)
> and is specified in the code.  The database stores the user-specified size
> setting so it can be used upon restart.

I'd say the hard coded value in the code is the default default.

> Now, wait a minute...  This is saying /exactly/ what I'm saying--that
> overrides are used as the exception, not for normal use.

If I want it full screen 65% of the time, in a 1080 window 20% of the
time, and in a 720 window 15% of the time, I wouldn't say that running
it windowed isn't normal use just because it isn't the majority.  35%
isn't "occassionally when you need something different for a short
time", it's frequently.

> That said, I still think (based on how often you seem to want the "something
> different for a short time") you'd be better served by changing the setting
> values so that you don't preclude the use of the Appearance Settings (and
> the ability to change screen size without a restart).

It far faster to use the window manager menu than the Appearance Settings menu.

Eric