[mythtv-users] MythTV stops recording shows

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed May 27 13:53:09 UTC 2015

On 05/27/2015 09:38 AM, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
> With my grabber, that reaches some 14 days in the future, they become
> more detailed, when they are nearer. The most detailed source only
> reaches 4 days. So it can happen that at first it can happen it is
> seen as a duplicate, because detail description and episode info is
> missing and then when the details arrive, it is scheduled as a unique
> new episode.

In theory, if detailed description and episode info is missing, the
episode should be marked as a generic (defined as any show whose program
ID, subtitle, and description are empty; or whose program ID is empty
and category type is series; or (for Schedules Direct users) whose
program ID ends with '0000').  If so, generics are always set to record,
regardless of duplicate matching options, since we cannot know if the
episode has been recorded in the past (since we don't know which episode
is airing).  The only way generic episodes aren't recorded is if your
recording rule explicitly specifies the exclude generics filter.

Mike