[mythtv-users] MythTV stops recording shows

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Wed May 27 13:38:50 UTC 2015

Hoi Mike,

> On 27/05/15 05:39, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
>> On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 4:17 AM, DaveD <mythtv at guiplot.com> wrote:
>>> Every now and then, I find that MythTV has stopped recording a show.
>>
>> There are many possible reasons.  Perhaps you can review
>> your database backup and your current configuration
>> to determine what your recording rule(s) specifies for criteria
>> (as I recall specifying things like "this channel" can be
>> especially problematic if sometime between the time of the
>> rule creation and the time for the next recording you update
>> your video sources which change the chanid (try to avoid
>> using "this channel")).
>>
> I see something similar from time to time. All of a sudden, myth will stop
> scheduling anything beyond a certain date. Recording schedules look OK but there
> are programs in the guide that just aren't being picked up.

> If I leave things alone, several days before the missing programs are due the
> scheduler suddenly begins to pick them up again. I have no idea why this
> happens, but I haven't lost anything yet because of it.

With my grabber, that reaches some 14 days in the future, they become
more detailed, when they are nearer. The most detailed source only
reaches 4 days. So it can happen that at first it can happen it is
seen as a duplicate, because detail description and episode info is
missing and then when the details arrive, it is scheduled as a unique
new episode.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven