[mythtv-users] MythTV stops recording shows

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Wed May 27 14:07:25 UTC 2015

Hoi Michael,

> On 05/27/2015 09:38 AM, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
>> With my grabber, that reaches some 14 days in the future, they become
>> more detailed, when they are nearer. The most detailed source only
>> reaches 4 days. So it can happen that at first it can happen it is
>> seen as a duplicate, because detail description and episode info is
>> missing and then when the details arrive, it is scheduled as a unique
>> new episode.

> In theory, if detailed description and episode info is missing, the
> episode should be marked as a generic (defined as any show whose program
> ID, subtitle, and description are empty; or whose program ID is empty
> and category type is series; or (for Schedules Direct users) whose
> program ID ends with '0000').  If so, generics are always set to record,
> regardless of duplicate matching options, since we cannot know if the
> episode has been recorded in the past (since we don't know which episode
> is airing).  The only way generic episodes aren't recorded is if your
> recording rule explicitly specifies the exclude generics filter.

Good. But with me then most of the time description is not missing,
but only contains generic info about the series. So they are matched as
duplicates. And since my sources in part give more detailed genre
info, like movie=> drama, the latter detail is prepended to the
description. So description is rarely completely empty. It is possible
in the xmltv standard to add multiple genres, but it is unclear to me
how mythtv handles that. And there is as far as I have seen no direct
match to the mythtv Type field. Up to now, multiple genres, ruin the
color coding in mythweb.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven