[mythtv-users] fluxbox-1.3.6 bug

Rich Freeman r-mythtv at thefreemanclan.net
Sun Jun 14 20:17:15 UTC 2015

On Sun, Jun 14, 2015 at 2:06 PM, Tom Dexter <digitalaudiorock at gmail.com> wrote:
> Just a heads up to hopefully save someone the pain I just went
> through:  I just upgraded my mythtv systems (using Gentoo).  I
> autostart the frontend using the method described here:
>
> http://dev.gentoo.org/~cardoe/mythtv/autostart.html

How did you end up on fluxbox?  That procedure gives you evilwm.

Unless you're married to fluxbox, I'd suggest just switching window
managers.  You can really use just about anything if this is just a
full-screen decoration-less mythtv front-end.

The ebuild installs one already, but for reference here is my .xinitrc:
# .xinitrc
[ -x /usr/bin/nvidia-settings ] && /usr/bin/nvidia-settings -l
/usr/bin/xset s noblank
/usr/bin/xset s off
/usr/bin/xset -dpms
xrandr --output HDMI-0 --pos 0x0 --mode 1360x768
/usr/bin/evilwm &
# Configure arguments via /etc/conf.d/mythfrontend
exec /usr/bin/mythfrontend

A few of those lines were added by me and are obviously
situation-dependent, like running nvidia-settings or setting the
output/mode (which weren't defaults and that just happens to be my
TV's actual native resolution).

--
Rich