[mythtv-users] TBS6281 works in VLC, nothing in mythtv-setup scan

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Mon Jun 1 05:34:15 UTC 2015

My head is getting sore now from banging on brick walls!!

I set up my new box with a TBS6281 dual DVB-T and a TBS6982 dual DVB-S
cards and all was well apart from not being able to get the USB-Live2 card
to work (for the STB). The tale of the slave backend with a creaky HVR2200
has been well thrashed over the last few days so I moved the card into the
new master backend and all was sweetness and light - until it stopped :(

Now, with no driver changes, the TBS6281 doesn't work with mythtv but is
fine under VLC immediately after a reboot (and then fails with VLC after
trying a mythtv-setup scan. Lots of card deleting, adding and rescanning
and still no closer to finding out what the problem is.

I'm using the latest backported drivers from
https://github.com/ljalves/linux_media for the TBS cards and an old patch
to the SAA7164 chip on the HVR2200 to support PAL. All of which worked to
start with but now doesn't.

Any body got any other clues?

--
Robin Gilks