[mythtv-users] TBS6281 works in VLC, nothing in mythtv-setup scan

Lincoln Rogers lincoln at performaplus.co.nz
Sun Jun 14 04:01:53 UTC 2015

On Mon, Jun 1, 2015 at 5:34 PM, Robin Gilks <g8ecj at gilks.org> wrote:

> My head is getting sore now from banging on brick walls!!
>
> I set up my new box with a TBS6281 dual DVB-T and a TBS6982 dual DVB-S
> cards and all was well apart from not being able to get the USB-Live2 card
> to work (for the STB). The tale of the slave backend with a creaky HVR2200
> has been well thrashed over the last few days so I moved the card into the
> new master backend and all was sweetness and light - until it stopped :(
>
> Now, with no driver changes, the TBS6281 doesn't work with mythtv but is
> fine under VLC immediately after a reboot (and then fails with VLC after
> trying a mythtv-setup scan. Lots of card deleting, adding and rescanning
> and still no closer to finding out what the problem is.
>
> I'm using the latest backported drivers from
> https://github.com/ljalves/linux_media for the TBS cards and an old patch
> to the SAA7164 chip on the HVR2200 to support PAL. All of which worked to
> start with but now doesn't.
>
> Any body got any other clues?
>

> --
> Robin Gilks

Hi Robin

Is the TBS6281 not finding any channels or is it that they don't tune? And
what kind of channels are you scanning for - DVB-T or DVB-T2?
I use a TBS6281 with the open source driver and have found it to work very
reliably after patching mythtv with a DVB-T2 patch - see here:

https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/12342
https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/pull/90

Hopefully one day it will get merged into the source tree.

Lincoln.