[mythtv-users] CCI Copy Freely Letter Campaign

Mike B yp_38 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 20 15:52:00 UTC 2015

I just read the letter and I see one big problem with this letter.  You
say that they (the channels) lose viewers.  However, the channels are
still getting paid, whether you can watch their shows or not.  So why
should they care?  "You are paying your cable TV bill, and therefore we
are getting paid.  You can't watch our channel?  And we should care why?"

I know you don't want to threaten them directly, but you could say
something like, "Many people have 'cut the cord' with their cable TV for
this reason.  Others have found alternate ways of watching your
programming.  I would prefer to be able to watch your content via my
current local cable provider."

Mike