[mythtv-users] What is best filesystem for recordings?

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Sun Jul 12 10:53:04 UTC 2015

On Sat, 11 Jul 2015 10:13:52 -0400, you wrote:

>On 7/11/15 10:00 AM, Warpme wrote:
>> Replaying myself for benefits of others ;-)
>> Finally I ended with.....XFS
>

>Add me to the list of happy XFS customers.  Been using it for years
>without trouble.  The only concern that I have with it is that at least
>the last I've checked, there isn't any automatic fsck during boot in
>case of an unclean unmount (e.g. power or hardware failure).   I ended
>up setting up the system to have grub boot option to boot
>SystemRescueCD from another partition and I can run xfs_repair from
>there if I need to.
>
>Sure it's rare that I'd ever need to do that, but it seems odd that that
>sort of thing wouldn't be automatic.  Has anything changed since I set
>things up?
>

>-WD

Yes, if you boot Ubuntu in recovery mode, there is now a menu option
to do fsck on all drives.  I presume that would run xfs_repair, or you
could use the option that runs a command prompt in single user mode
and run xfs_repair manually.  So there is no longer any need to
manually set up a special boot.