[mythtv-users] What is best filesystem for recordings?

Will Dormann wdormann at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 14:13:52 UTC 2015

On 7/11/15 10:00 AM, Warpme wrote:
> Replaying myself for benefits of others ;-)
> Finally I ended with.....XFS

Add me to the list of happy XFS customers.  Been using it for years
without trouble.  The only concern that I have with it is that at least
the last I've checked, there isn't any automatic fsck during boot in
case of an unclean unmount (e.g. power or hardware failure).   I ended
up setting up the system to have grub boot option to boot
SystemRescueCD from another partition and I can run xfs_repair from
there if I need to.

Sure it's rare that I'd ever need to do that, but it seems odd that that
sort of thing wouldn't be automatic.  Has anything changed since I set
things up?

-WD