[mythtv-users] Overhating Zbox?

Jason Sullivan jason0x21 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 24 18:39:40 UTC 2015

I know a handful of folks on this list use the Zontac Zbox, so I'm
wondering if anyone had seen this before.

I recently got a Zbox ID41, and after hooking it up and running the
mythtv frontend on it for
a while I shut down the system.  The power switch LED went red, and I
assumed the system was off.  Some USB devices remained "lit", though.

A little while later I found the box, still in the same state, but
SUPER HOT.  I'm letting it cool down now before powering it up again
and I'm going to see if it's ok, but the hard drive bracket was all
warped and it looks like the case is a little warped as well so I
don't hold out much hope.

Has anyone seen anything like this?

--
Jason Sullivan