[mythtv-users] System events

Mike Carron jmcarron at starstream.net
Thu Jan 22 15:55:02 UTC 2015

Since I acquired a Flirc (http://www.flirc.tv/) for my remote control
interface I've had to change my method of suspending my FEs. I decided
to assign a System Event Handler to activate the suspend script and it
works just fine. I then installed a Flirc on each of my other FEs and
implemented the same System Event Handler and script to suspend those
machines as well. I was rather surprised to discover that when I suspend
one FE, all other FEs that happen to be running also suspend. They are
definitely not in IR range of each other and the fix was rather simple -
just assign the suspend command to a different System Event Handler on
each FE. Is it normal for the MBE to relay a System Event trigger from
one FE to other FEs on the network?

--
mike