[mythtv-users] System events

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 16:42:05 UTC 2015

Hoi Mike,

> Since I acquired a Flirc (http://www.flirc.tv/) for my remote control
> interface I've had to change my method of suspending my FEs. I decided
> to assign a System Event Handler to activate the suspend script and it
> works just fine. I then installed a Flirc on each of my other FEs and
> implemented the same System Event Handler and script to suspend those
> machines as well. I was rather surprised to discover that when I suspend
> one FE, all other FEs that happen to be running also suspend. They are
> definitely not in IR range of each other and the fix was rather simple -
> just assign the suspend command to a different System Event Handler on
> each FE. Is it normal for the MBE to relay a System Event trigger from
> one FE to other FEs on the network?

I discovered this too, some time ago.
The weird thing is that you set the handlers up on every machine, but
the trigger goes to all
If you want to do it this way, you have to dedicate a System Event
Handler for every frontend. Or you have to create a smart script that
can distinguish between the frontends.
For instance have it want a parameter hostname and only let it react
if it matches. Next give every machine in the handler definition its
hostname as a parameter.

i.e.

#!/bin/bash
hostname=${1:""}

if [ "$hostname" == "my-hostname" ]; then
   do suspend
fi

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com