[mythtv-users] Long jump from 0.21 to 0.27.4 , mostly OK except audio !!

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 09:48:52 UTC 2015

On 7 January 2015 at 13:03, Sholla <holla.net at gmail.com> wrote:

> - 3-port stack (labelled as LineIn, LineOut and Mic)
> I want to configure this as a 6-channel audio playback. If I do this
> I loose the LineIn port. Earlier I had cabled the pvr-350 audio output
> to system LineIn. So now i took the  pvr-350 lineout direct to
> the TV speakers.  Trouble is I am not getting any sound ..

You have a newer system. Do you still want to use the PVR-350's
hardware accelerated OUTPUT and connect that to your TV, or just use
it as a recording device and output your system's display (as is
normal) via VGA/DVI/HDMI?

Also note that you do not need to daisy chain the audio output of the
PVR-350 to your sound card's Line-In - as long as the PVR-350 has
unmuted audio and video input you will get MPEG-2 recordings with
sound, with the system's audio output device(s) providing the sound
output to your speakers/TV (if using HDMI you can typically send
everything digitally in a single cable).

> - In 0.21 I had seen the following config screen under
>   Settings/TV Settings/Playback:

> Hardware Decoding Settings:
> [x] Use the PVR-350;s TV out/MPEG decoder
>      Video device for the PVR-350 MPEG decoder:  [/dev/video16]
>
>       Program Guide Alpha:  [164]
> [-]  TV audio through PVR-350 only
>
> <cancel/back/Next>
> I cannot seem to find a similar settings. Is this gone ?

See above question. c10 years ago I used the accelerated output of my
PVR-350 for playback of MPEG-2 recordings (for which it was superb)
but it was severely lacking for any other type of media playback.

Cheers,
Nick

--
Nick Morrott