[mythtv-users] Long jump from 0.21 to 0.27.4 , mostly OK except audio !!

Sholla holla.net at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 08:24:11 UTC 2015

>On Thu Jan 8 00:19:57 UTC 2015, Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com wrote
>On 8 January 2015 at 00:03, Sholla <holla.net at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> - In 0.27.4 under  Setup/Audio, I tried inputting
>> ALSA:default, ALSA:Default, but it throws up saying
>> invalid device..
>
>you likely upgraded the OS of your machine while at it.
>
>default is rarely a valid default device these days.
>
>what does: aplay -L and aplay -l show ?

Thanks, I include the aplay logs here..

root at d510mo:~# aplay -l
card 1: Intel [HDA Intel], device 0: ALC662 rev1 Analog [ALC662 rev1 Analog]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 1: Intel [HDA Intel], device 1: ALC662 rev1 Digital [ALC662 rev1 Digital]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

root at d510mo:~# aplay -L
null
sysdefault:CARD=Intel
    HDA Intel, ALC662 rev1 Analog
    Default Audio Device

>The easiest for you is to go through the list of audio device in the
>audio settings, and for each go into the test screen and see if you
>hear anything

Ok, I will try this out..

sholla