[mythtv-users] the end of analog, finally

Jerome Yuzyk jerome at supernet.ab.ca
Thu Dec 10 00:07:39 UTC 2015

Now I know why Shaw Cablesystems wouldn't adjust their "Cable" lineup to exclude channels that weren't analog anymore: they're finally pulling the analog plug completely. So, I need to crack open my DCT-700 STB and feed it into one of the two tuners on my PVR-500 MCE kit.

This is how I hope it goes:

- Connect the DCT-700 to my cable line and a monitor I have that has composite input, so I can initialize it.

- Connect DCT-700 composite out to the composite in on the PVR-500 and that will be Tuner1:Composite (dev/video0) connected to the "CableDigital" source I use for my HD box already. It will become secondary to the HD box. No need to delete and recreate anything.

- Delete the old Tuner1/2 definitions and "Cable" source

- Plug the MCE kit's IR extender into the IR receiver and stick the emitter on the DCT-700 and follow https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Motorola_DCT700_Channel_Change_Script to get channel-changing.

  ? Does everyone use the script from that page or is there a better one?

- Delete my SchedulesDirect "Cable" lineup.

- Profit!

Anything I'm missing here? Anyone using a DCT-700 with a PVR-500? Gotchas?

--
A little of Jerome's MythTV World: http://mythtv.bss.ab.ca