[mythtv-users] Schedules Direct with incorrect listings

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 00:28:24 UTC 2015

On Sun, Apr 19, 2015 at 11:44 PM, Thomas Mashos <thomas at mashos.com> wrote:
> What's the correct way to troubleshoot incorrect listings? I'm trying to
> watch the blazer playoff games and they are being broadcast on our local NBC
> channel (KGW) as well as TNT/ESPN.

First, (for the archives, I suspect you are already doing
so) be sure you are using --dd-grab-all as an option to
your mythfilldatabase run, as (especially) playoff games
tend to get scheduled closer to the "last minute" than
multiple days in advance (something about the
outcome being unknown in advance (at least that is
most sport federations story, and I presume they are
going to stick with it) is my guess :-)

Since the game schedules are known (presuming
it takes all seven games before <team> is eliminated),
and getting Tribune (Sorry, I mean Gracenote) to get
their source data correct typically takes longer than
the entire series, the best advice is to set manual
recording schedules if you need your fix of <team>.