[mythtv-users] What triggers a refresh when using video "Browse Filesystem" mode?

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 18:37:26 UTC 2015

I've never had a need to use any video metadata at all.  There's
generally not much of anything that I keep there long term.  I have
mine set for what I think is now referred to as Browse Filesystem mode
(no database metadata).

This one's been confusing me forever.  When files are added to an
already browsed directory, *what* on earth triggers a refresh?  The
behavior of that for me has been impossible to figure out:

It seems as though, if I escape back all the way back to the main menu
and until you get the option menu to restart / shutdown etc, and then
cancel that...*sometime* this causes new files to appear when I go
back into the video menu.  However sometimes this only seems to work
if I back into and escape out of that reboot menu *multiple* times.
Seemingly random almost.

Can anyone clarify when that occurs, and more importantly how to force it?

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but as I recall, any menu options for
refreshing *do* in fact pull metadata into the database...unless
that's somehow changed.

Thanks!
Tom